5 August 2017

Godkiller - Colleen Vanderlinden



I was hooked soon after starting Lost Girl, the first of the Hidden series and have been impatiently awaiting each new book as it came out, including all through the Soulhunter follow-on series. So I was absolutely ecstatic when Godkiller was released.




It is 10 years later and things in Detroit have been calm since the last huge adventure. But of course peace never lasts and this time Molly is up against something even bigger and badder than ever before. You wouldn't have thought it possible but it is. Lucky she has all the gang supporting her. I love getting more Nain, more Brennan, more Eunomia and everyone else too, including Molly and Nain's teenagers Zoe and Hades, who were just little children in the previous books. All the characters are just amazing. I don't think there is anyone who does not have a well-thought-out personality, though some have a lot more back story than others, for example Eunomia has her own series - Soulhunter.

I am trying to avoid spoilers, but I must say the moments between Molly and Nether actually had me in tears, anyone who has read the previous books will know the history and changing relationship between these two. And if you haven't read the other books you're going to want to get on that as soon as you finish reading this post! Warning, this book does end on a cliffhanger but luckily the author has promised we won't have to wait too long for the next one.

This is yet another fantastic book from Colleen Vanderlinden. I really missed reading about Molly and this one did not disappoint. Also, I have just realised there are interviews with some of the characters on the website (I'll put a link on the list). I can't believe I missed these before! A great way to get back into the world when you've run out of Molly books to read.

Another great series by Coleen Vanderlinden is the Strikeforce superhero series. If you love superhero stories or even just love strong, amazing characters like Molly then you will enjoy these.

One of the many aspects I love about these books is the Greek mythology and I found the perfect cocktail for Molly - the Greek Goddess. I have had to be a little creative with the ingredients as there was a quite obscure one in the recipe, but I think the one I made has worked out well.




To make my version, pour a shot of vodka into the shaker, along with a dash of elderflower liqueur. Squeeze in a quarter orange and throw the piece into the shaker too. Add some mint and a few pieces of cucumber. An optional addition I made to bring the flavours out a bit more is a couple of drops of Angostura bitters. Add ice, shake it all up and strain into a glass to remove all the little pieces. If you're feeling adventurous, flame a little twist of orange peel over the top, pass it around the rim of the glass and then use to garnish.


No comments:

Post a Comment